SKD Scholarship Guidelines and Submission Links*Deadline for Scholarship Entries – November 15, 2022*
Submissions are accepted from active ΣΚΔ members only.*
Two separate submissions are required if applying for both the Transfer and the Service Scholarships.
Click here to apply for the transfer scholarship (August 1 - November 15, 2022).
Click here to apply for a service scholarship (August 1 - November 15, 2022).
One transfer scholarship is awarded annually ($1,000) to an active SKD member* majoring in English or English education and transferring to a four-year college/university. The $1,000 award is forwarded to the institution of the winner's choice.
Four service scholarships are awarded annually ($750 cash awards) to active SKD members.*
All scholarship applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
academic standing; service to school, community, and Sigma Kappa Delta chapter; writing skill, as demonstrated in essay; and reference contacts.
To apply for one of these scholarships, members must:
- Write a 400-600 word autobiographical essay (typed, TNR font, double-spaced), focusing on service to school, community, and SKD chapter;
- Go to English2.org Awards and Scholarship Submissions and complete the online application and upload the typed word document;
- Send an official copy of transcript(s) to the SKD National Executive Director
- Email: Sheila.email@example.com
- Mail: SKD National Office, Attn: National Executive Director, Calhoun Community College, POB 2216, Decatur, AL 35609
All applicants must be an active SKD member. *
*Active ΣΚΔ members are defined as students currently enr