New members must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a two-year college with an active Sigma Kappa Delta Chapter
- Have completed a minimum of one college course (excluding developmental courses) in English language or literature
- Have no grade lower than a B in English
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in general scholarship
- Have completed at least one semester or two quarters of college course work for a cumulative total of twelve semester hours
*Students are not required to be English majors*
Membership under special circumstances:
- Students Who Retake Courses
- Students who fail to meet the basic requirements because of poor English grades and who retake those courses may replace the lower grades with the higher grades when considering eligibility.
- Dual Enrollment Students
- Dual Enrollment / Dual Credit programs allow eligible high school students to enroll in college courses for both high school and college credit. These classes may be taken at the college, at the high school, or online. Once they meet the required criteria for membership detailed above, they may join SKD, whether or not they have graduated high school.
- Provisional Members and Potential Members
- SKD National encourages advisors to invite potential members to participate in chapter activities until they have met the crite