Sigma Kappa Delta is the English Honor Society for Two-Year Colleges. It was founded in 1996 at Cottey College. Sigma Kappa Delta headquarters is currently located at Calhoun Community College. The society strives to:
- Confer distinction for high achievement in English language and literature in undergraduate studies;
- Provide, through its local chapters, cultural stimulation on college campuses and promote interest in literature and the English language in surrounding communities;
- Foster all aspects of the discipline of English, including literature, language, and writing;
- Promote exemplary character and good fellowship among its members;
- Exhibit high standards of academic excellence; and Serve society by fostering literacy.
A Sigma Kappa Delta chapter is more than just another college club. It is a unique entity that opens the doors of opportunity for its members and facilitates academic, professional, and personal growth. There are more than 100 active chapters